Tiny Trotters program at High Knoll introduces young children to the wonderful world of ponies! We can customize a program for your group or you can participate in our preplanned sessions.
High Knoll Tiny Trotters is a group activity designed to provide an introduction to all aspects of horse care for riders aged 3-5 years old. Child and parent pairs learn the fundamentals of safety at the stable, horsemanship, proper grooming and care, and the basics of riding through fun, age appropriate mounted activities. Riders will begin on a lead line and progress at their own pace.
Children who learn to ride at a young age foster great self confidence and gain a sense of balance. They also learn responsibility and acquire a wonderful bond with animals, teaching empathy and respect. For some classes, parents will walk beside the horse or lead the horse to help their child as they learn riding skills. This creates a wonderful common interest for parent and child and a great bonding opportunity.
- 6 week sessions, one 45 minute class per week.
- If you have a group of children that would like to do this together, we can arrange a special session just for you (3-4 Children required)
- Children ages 3-5 with a parent participating in class. 6 year olds may try Tiny Trotters program before entering into the regular lesson program.
- Completed registration packet and session fee due by registration closing. No refunds or makeup classes available.
- 4 child max, 2 child minimum per session. HKEC reserves the right to reschedule classes due to lack of participation.
|Session||Session Start Date||Session End Date||Session Time||Registration Due|
For several weeks throughout the summer, High Knoll Equestrian Center offers Pony Camp to students and the general public. Children ages 6-13 will enjoy spending time with fellow horse lovers while learning skills in horsemanship. Students participate in daily riding lessons, daily unmounted lessons, arts and crafts, games, demonstrations, and activities. Our pony camp is taught by experienced instructors with your child's safety being our top priority. Assisting the camp instructors, our Junior Counselors are working students in our program.
PONY CAMP 2011 RATES
One session, 9am-1pm M-F -- $275/session